Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Microbiology I Love You Like a Punch in the Kidney


Do we see the wind? My allergies are going crazy. I'm snorting flonase like it's...

...maybe I won't finish that sentence.

Today's battle: Micro. Some of it I knew, some of it I'd never seen before in my life. Ever. It felt like every other question was about lab techniques...I'm sure they weren't that frequent, but since I didn't know any of them, they really stick in my mind. I'm not sure how long until I find out about this one. Since we take the subject exam from the National Board, they have to send it to them for scoring, so it'll probably be a while. 

Update on Pathophysiology: I have officially passed the class! I know you all thought I would, but I was quite concerned. Still, thanks for all the encouragement.

Next on the lineup: Pharmacology on Thursday. It's the other one I'm having a lot of doubts about. All those dang drugs sound the same when you're a second-year and you haven't had enough clinical experience to memorize them with actual cases. I sincerely hope my knowledge of this topic becomes way less sketchy when I start actually prescribing these drugs. 

After that: Biochem and Preventative Medicine (mixed) on Friday, Pathology on Monday.

Ok, enough finals whining. 

________________________________________

Let's talk brain fuel

Breakfasts: Granola, Oatmeal, Cereal oh my!





Today I made it smile at me. 

Since we vegans don't eat animals, we like to anthropomorphize our fruit before we mix it up and devour it voraciously.

Lunch (repeated 4 times recently...) has been:

Vegan Crispy Chicken with steamed carrots and broccoli topped with ground ginger and nutritional yeast




Today was a new one: 

Morningstar Vegan Griller on a homemade english muffin with vegenaise, mustard, cucumber, lettuce and, for a twist, a strawberry!

 It was stacked a little tall for actual eating, but the flavor combination was awesome, if messy. 

Dinners:

Three-Bean Dal (Vegan Planet)




Red Bean and Sweet Potato Curry (Also Vegan Planet)
My additions: extra lemon juice and spinach




Finally, snacks of course.

Apples, enormous oranges, and SIAWG




In the mix: 1/2 frozen banana, 3/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/4 cup plain yogurt

And now back to pharmacology. I leave you with this pretty flower that I sniper-photographed from our neighbors. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!