Saturday, May 14, 2011

She Has a Name!

And: Sometimes a girl just wants some cheesecake.

Some of you may recall that I recently bought a bike.

I've been using it for pretty much all my transportation and I absolutely love it. It's a great feeling to be moving more throughout the day than just when I intentionally exercise. I think it's just good for my mental image of myself to keep that in mind. In that picture you can see that I took her to the pool.

I also take her grocery shopping, which involves a very large purse that I wear like a backpack (or sometimes my actual backpack.)

Here's an example of a particularly heavy trip:


Pasta, bread crumbs, milk, oats, broccoli, peas, something I can't see. 

It's all right though, even when I have a lot to haul, it's like combining in my weight training. 

Today I took my bike to Target, about 4 miles away and across a freeway. It took some creative routing, but I avoided actually crossing any freeway bridges, and I'm happy to say I made it back and it was a lovely ride. 

So what's the point of saying all this? 

Well, a lovely reader reminded me I hadn't yet decided on a name for the bike. I took some suggestions from you all a while back and got some great ones, but after some deliberation I have decided to go with the first suggestion I received.

So, thank you sister Emma for the suggestion,

Her name is Nora!

__________________________________

Biking's not the only thing I'm loving, 

Today's Food:

Breakfast: Yogurt, Muesli, Banana



Lunch: Tasty Bite Bengal Lentils with steamed carrots and macaroni noodles.
This was my first time eating this particular prepared Indian meal. I can't really afford them in my real life, but Mom knows how much I love Indian food and sent this one in my easter care package. I always eat meals like this in 2 servings, usually with veggies and rice but I had noodles cooked up today. 





Dinner: (is on the stove) I'm trying a new Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili. 

Dessert: A new experiment - Chocolate Cheesecake Bites


I had some Tofutti Cream Cheese to use up, leftover from the Cinnamon Roll Icing, and I decided I'd really like to try some cheesecake. This recipe was a combination of various sources, and while it satisfied my craving, it does taste ... vegan. Cream cheese is hard to duplicate, and that's okay with me, but I wouldn't necessarily bring these to a party full of non-vegans. 

That said, they're so cute. And chocolatey delicious. I might post the recipe later, I'd like to try a couple changes first. 





Do you name the important inanimate objects in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!