Tuesday, May 31, 2011

When You Don't Feel Like You're on Vacation...

...Santa Barbara is the cure.


I was feeling better about my Boards on Sunday, but today I finally really feel like I'm in the vacation groove. I really think it took getting out of town.

Last night I arrived safely in Santa Barbara after dropping Katie at LAX (she's headed to Kenya for break...lucky). Boyfriend took me out to dinner.

What else? Thai food. It's called Your Place. I got a pineapple red curry with brown rice and Boyfriend got pad thai. They were awesome, but we both now have leftovers in the fridge. I mean, look at these portions!




Today Boyfriend had to work, so that meant spending a little time with this lovely town on my own. I went to college here, so I've lived here before, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

Thing 1: A long run from Boyfriend's apartment down past the bird refuge and along the beach past the wharf. I just ran until I felt like turning around. I now have a sweet tan line, and it ended up being 7.2 miles. That's the farthest I've run since the April half-marathon I think. I went back by car for some pictures along the route...











Thing 2: Lunch at Sojourner Cafe. I love this place. It appeared in the form of pie and hot chocolate for Valentine's Day Dessert, and again the next week for Mulligatawny Vegetable Stew.

Today though, it was a Tempeh Reuben Sandwich with Turkish Lentil Soup.









Sauerkraut, tempeh and vegan island dressing. What a combination. And this soup wasn't overly complicated, just a really flavorful yellow lentil stew. Exactly what I wanted. 

After lunch I spent some time walking around downtown, but all I bought was a pair of sunglasses at Forever 21 - I forgot mine. 

And now? Honestly all my fun has made me really tired. I might nap. Boyfriend's taking me out to dinner tonight, and I don't want to fall asleep in my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!