Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Gennaya!

Tomorrow is my roommate Gennaya's birthday, but we got to celebrate today. She also just got engaged, which makes her awesome x2.

First, though, we had to have a normal school day.

Workout: 4 mile run
Breakfast: Oh my days what a delightful oatmeal bowl:
Maple Mocha Peanut Butter Oats
1 tbsp (1/2 oz.) maple syrup
1/2 tbsp (5 g) Ghirardelli Chocolate Mocha powder
1/2 tbsp (8 g) peanut butter 
4 g flax meal
Plus the usual 1/2 cup oats + 2 oz. milk + 5 oz. water




After 4 hours of class and a rather non-productive afternoon of coffee shop studying, it was time to head over to Color Me Mine for birthday celebration part I. It's one of those places where you buy a ready-made ceramic and paint it, and we had a seriously great time, all art inabilities considered. 

Molly, Laura, Katie

Johanna, Emily

Me, Johanna

The birthday girl + Matthew (the fiance)

My unfinished "Small tilt bowl"
I'm certain you'll be seeing this later, when it's finished and I put food in it. 

Post-painting we went to Qdoba (a burrito bar). Naked burrito = no tortilla:


Then home for celebration (Disney-themed) and cake! It's not vegan but I did eat a couple of the dark chocolate shavings off the top. It's chocolate with vanilla frosting, made by the loving hands of Matthew under the tutelage of Katie (who is a remarkable baker - I want to be like her someday). 








Happy Birthday Gennaya!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!