Thursday, February 3, 2011

Welcome.

Growing up, I always kept a journal. My favorite part was reading it after the fact and being able to see how I came through things much later.

I also liked to write. When people asked what I wanted to be when I grew up back in elementary school I'm pretty sure I said, "Oh, I'm going to be an author."

Now I'm in medical school, and while I will write lots of patient notes in my time, writing has long since been relegated to personal musings in personal journals. Also facebook statuses, but that doesn't exactly count.

To clarify, I don't think I was ever a great writer. I just liked it. I wrote a story once about a pink and purple elephant that I was really proud of. My grandmother loved it. I think she was the only one.

My life has changed in the past couple years in ways both expected and unexpected, and if for no one else, I want to keep a record, because it's just beginning. Sometimes it's easier to articulate through writing, and I've been inspired and helped a great deal in my life by others who write in this avenue, bringing me to this, an actual blog of my own.

I experience a great deal of life through food, exercise, list-making, budgeting, organizing and of course being with the wonderful people in my life. All in the name of being joyful (and healthy). Sometimes I do none of those things and feel awful, but figuring that out is kind of the point.

Right?





1 comment:

DURGA DHUNGANA said...

Keep blogging i like ur style of writing

Post a Comment

Add a comment!