Monday, March 7, 2011

March Goals: Week 1

Well it's March 7, that means we're a week into this month. I set a few goals for the month and I wanted to check in with them and see how I'm doing.

1. Family: Talking to them every week.
    Um...I'm about to call them? Really though, tomorrow I hope to be able to say I talked to everyone.

2. Fitness: 
   a. Keeping up with runs: Despite my twisted foot (which I've been icing - thanks Kelsey!), I haven't missed a run. We'll see how it feels tomorrow though. If I need to take a day off, that will just have to be okay.
   b. Lose a little Christmas padding: I have set in motion some concrete plans for this one. I'm currently eating for about 1 pound weight loss per week. For me that's a net intake of about 1375 calories a day. I decided to have once-a-week weigh-in "count," in order to track how that's working/if the speed of loss is too little/too much for what I want. It'll be Tuesday mornings (since the month started on a Tuesday), so that will be tomorrow morning. It's far too soon to expect much of a difference in number. I do feel great though, and I try to keep in mind that that's really the point.

3. School: pass midterms
   It's too soon to say for this one, as tests are still a week and a half away, but I've been doing my best to stay focused and I am more caught up now than I was a week ago, even if that still means several lectures behind, let's focus on the fact that it's progress.

4. Boards:
   a. Practice questions: A week ago I had 900 left in the Qbank. Today I'm pleased to say I have 700. I think (I hope) I'm going to be able to finish by the end of the month, leaving a couple months to reset it and go through it all again. More importantly, though my percentage correct is still abysmal, it's on an upward trend.
   b. Doctors in Training: Stay caught up
       I've been fitting these questions in during the morning between my workout and breakfast and I'm honestly surprised but happy to say I haven't fallen behind (in the past week anyway).

So there we are. I hope I have mostly positives to report in next week's update too, but right before exams there's a good chance my soul will be in a bit of a dungeon of despair. Test cycles are like roller coasters.

Hopefully not like this one. 



  

4 comments:

Mich said...

Good luck with your goals!! I'm right there with you on getting rid of the Christmas padding. But I'm determined to make this "recovery" (for lack of a better word) thing work. I'm allowing myself a max of 1400 cals a day, and it's terrifying.

But we can do it! <3

sarah (SHU) said...

YOU are doing great!!! keep it up :)

Kelsey said...

good job :)

don't push it too hard on that foot...it might be a good idea to take a day off so it will heal faster. trust me...i'm the queen of "pushing through" injuries and having them catch up with me later. i admire your dedication, though.

also, i miss your face.

Anonymous said...

I found your site looking for a picture of a roller coaster. You write a beutiful narrative of your life. The food looks fabulous too. I may have to try the berry lemon muffins.

Post a Comment

Add a comment!