Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This Week I Don't Despise Tuesday.

I started this post yesterday, then my computer started spontaneously hibernating. After taking out the battery,  it's tenuously functioning...so pretend you're reading this on Tuesday. 

Yesterday was a bad day, and in the past I've really hated Tuesdays, so the odds were stacked against this being the kind of day that shines. However, when my alarm went off at 5 this morning, I was awake and I just felt like maybe it was going to be a little better. It felt less bad than yesterday anyway.

Today someone reminded me that one of the times Tuesday is a good day, is when it's still towards the beginning of a vacation. He's right.

I started my day with a 6 mile run, followed by chocolate peanut butter maple oats. I love this combination.

1/2 cup oats cooked with 1/4 cup milk and 5 oz. water 
Added: 3 g flax meal, 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 5 g chocolate mocha powder.


Like dessert in a bowl - but so nutritious too.

We have a lovely new roommate who doesn't have a car quite yet, so I drove her to work, then went and studied at Stell. It has a nice atmosphere for getting things done: lots of tables, a good buzz, but not too loud, and quirky mellow music. I put in about 4 hours and it made me feel better in general, though I'm not certain I could tell you anything I specifically learned.

Lunch was the final piece of Tempeh Shepherdess Pie (Veganomicon) with an enormous craisin-topped salad.



It's hard to account for my afternoon whereabouts, I did a smidge more studying, caught up on America's Next Top Model etc. 

Dinner was a new recipe - Roasted Root Vegetable Chili from Vegan Planet. I really like the texture from the crunchy outside/tender inside on the roasted veggies, but unfortunately I made it a little too spicy and my stomach acid levels were rather upset with me. I read (in Vegan Planet I think) that sometimes in the eastern U.S. they serve chili over noodles? I don't know if this is true, but it sounds like a good way to cut the spicy, so I think I have some rotini chili in my future. 




How do you eat chili? Spicy or mild?

1 comment:

GraceyJ said...

your lunch looks sooooo yummy!
as for me i like my chili mild ..
x

Post a Comment

Add a comment!