Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh Tuesday. I despise you.

I think Tuesdays are my least favorite day of the week.

I'm already tired because we just had Monday, and the weekend is infinitely far away.

Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Oh, but I did wake up in a bed. That was awesome.

I got up at 4:30 today to fit my run and studying in before class. 6.5 miles later (and like an hour and 20 minutes - that's slower than 12 minute miles) my foot really hurt and I was thinking I should have skipped it. I'll definitely be taking tomorrow off.

I was unimpressed with my breakfast. Six months ago I was all about pumpkin oats, but I didn't really like them this morning:


Class was decent I guess, standard.

Lunch was actually one of the best salads I've made in a long time: Balsamic Spinach with Craisins, Edamame and Tofu:


For snacks I had an apple, an orange, and one that's TOP SECRET (because it involves baking for someone's birthday ... more about that tomorrow.)

Despite having good snacks and a lovely baking study break, I still felt really unfocused and got very little done in the way of studying. I'm just kind of ready to move on from this day.

Dinner was actually pretty great: Broccoli, tomato, peas and whole wheat rotini with cheeze sauce from Veganomicon (but I replaced the oil with yogurt). I'd never tried this sauce before, but I'd definitely use it again, and it wasn't too overpowering, so I can see it going well with a lot of different things. 





Now I'm watching the Bachelor with some friends, and I guess the day's getting better, but here's hoping tomorrow's really great. It has to be: it's Katie's birthday!

6 comments:

Kathryn M said...

sorry about the rough/early start, be sure to soak your foot in Epsom salt! Can't wait to hear about the top secret treat!

Emma said...

Hi pretty :) I'm sorry about your foot, and if it hurts even when you're just walking i've found wrapping it tightly in an ace bandage is one of the best things you can do, if its twisted in a wrappable spot. It may make funny indents on your foot, but after a few days, you'll feel a lot more stable.

p.s. you're kind of awesome.

Katie Z said...

OMG- I almost forgot there was a birthday tomorrow! Haha...jk, we both know that would never happen.
I do hope your foot starts feeling better. If not, I do have some experience with performing amputation.

Anonymous said...

Sucks about your foot - a pressure bandage before you go to bed could do it some good :)
I like how you're determined though, like enduring through the pain for your run lol.

Kelsey said...

I like being your blog buddy :). And isn't Greg Laswell great? I'm so glad you discovered him via my blog! Also, take care of that foot!

Mich said...

What are pumpkin oats? That sounds delicious!! I've been having sugar free apple cinnamon, but pumpkin sounds way more fun.

That salad looked great as well--I might steal your recipe. I'm always looking for new and exciting salads to eat. :D

Tuesdays are definitely my least favourite day of the week. At least Monday is kind of a zombie-day (for me, anyway), so it goes by in a pretty quick blur. Wednesdays have the good shows on the telly, and Thursday is almost Friday. But Tuesday sucks. We should just not have Tuesdays. Go straight from Monday to Wednesday instead.

xoxo

Post a Comment

Add a comment!