Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vegan MoFo 26: Island Hopping


Today I'm in Irvine. Why? Because tomorrow is the Registry Party at Crate and Barrel. On the one hand, it's going to be full of too much cute coupleness to handle. On the other hand, I'm in one of those couples - and there's free food. 

In the meantime, today we did some island hopping. 

We started at Balboa Island.



Lunch at Picante Martin's: Taco Salad 



Pretty awesome chips. 


Then we went to Fashion Island. I walked through the Athleta Store, which really just made me want to go skiing. And by extension, made me sad it's still 75 degrees outside. 

And then, since we'd been to two islands, we stopped at Islands Restaurant for an iced tea. 





It's almost November, but here in Southern California, you can island hop anytime. 

We also stopped by a Garden & Nursery. It made me wish I could at least keep bamboo alive. 



Guess where we're going tonight? 118 Degrees - It's a raw restaurant in Costa Mesa run by Jenny Ross, and I have one of the cookbooks from the owner - Raw Basics. I've been looking forward to going ever since I bought the book and realized that the restaurant was so close to John's apartment. The menu is enormous and I have no idea what I'm going to pick. Guaranteed I will eat too much and love it. 

Anyone been to 118 degrees? Or any other raw restaurant? What should I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!