Thursday, October 6, 2011

Vegan MoFo 6: New-to-Me Fruit


Are you familiar with Red Bartlett Pears? I'd never heard of such a thing, but I was in a dangerous buy-lots-of-interesting-looking-things mood recently at my local health food store and spied this organic little treat hidden by the strawberries. So I picked it up along with my new flavors of soy yogurt, rice dream ice cream bar-sandwich thing and some pumpkin seeds and shelled hemp seeds from the bulk bins (What do I do with those? I have to stop shopping hungry).



Verdict: So good. It tasted pretty much just like a regular bartlett pear, but with something extra almost like a peach? I already love pears, but I feel like this was like the cooler older brother the regular pears want to grow up and be like.

Seriously, what do I do with shelled hemp seeds?


What's the best recent food discovery you've made?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!